LIPS (1ML) - $550
HYDRATION (1ML) - $550
CHEEKS (2ML) - $1400
TEAR TROUGHS (0.1ML) - $160
The term “dermal fillers” encompasses a wide range of products, and is an expression which describes treatment that replaces lost volume, smooths fine lines and wrinkles, and enhances the natural features of the face.
At W.D.I Clinic we utilise HA (Hyaluronic Acid) fillers; HA is a sugar molecule that is normally found within our skin and body. As we age, the HA content within our body diminishes, this causes our skin to then look thinner, drier and more wrinkled. HA filler acts by attracting and retaining water, instantly improving the skin’s appearance and texture by restoring or creating a natural plumpness.
Results are visible instantly, and can last from three months to one-year subject to the location of injection. Simply put, if the dermal filler is placed in an area of continuous movement, such as the lips, it shall not last as long as if placed in an area of limited movement, such as the cheeks.
Thin lips can be considered an area of self- consciousness for many. There are numerous factors that influence the size of the lips:
Pursing or puckering
Dermal filler can be used to introduce volume to the lip area, creating a subtle, natural asset to the face.
At your initial appointment, we conduct a comprehensive medical history and assessment to ensure dermal filler injections are appropriate for you. We discuss, if applicable, alternatives with you and encourage you to ask any questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
We will then put together a treatment plan with you, outlining costs upfront, ensuring the recommended treatment plan is within budget. We shall then ask you to read and sign a consent form for the dermal filler treatment. Finally, prior to treatment we shall consult with our Doctor via video conference, this shall enable us to acquire a prescription for the administration of product, this prescription shall then be valid for 12months should you wish to receive further treatments.
We begin by marking the injection sites based on our analysis, an aseptic technique is then utilised and injections administered.
You may experience superficial bruising/tenderness at the injection sites for several days afterwards but this should not be excessive and clients are generally able to drive themselves home after the appointment (although we do encourage you to sit and rest for a few minutes first).
Appointment time shall vary subject to the number of areas being treated. Please allow at least 45minutes for the initial consultation.
What are the possible side effects?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To ensure a safe procedure, your cosmetic injector will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use our dermal filler products family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
Additional precautions to discuss with your cosmetic injector;
- If you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied therefore treatment cannot be fulfilled.
- Advise your cosmetic injector if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Advise your cosmetic injector if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Advise your cosmetic injector if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Advise your cosmetic injector if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
The use of these products on sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.